Beautiful Nautical Interior Design Details
Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design loved creating this sleek, modern, nautical living room and dining room. We layered many beautiful design details in order to purposefully create balance and harmony in this space. Here are eight of the great nautical interior design details we would like to share:
1) NFID designed this sleek fireplace detail years ago and revived it in this home with a marine blue mdf paint grade mantel and medium wood tiled column. In order to balance this mantel, NFID commissioned Lindsay Nichols Photography to provide a large scale canvas of ‘Pier 56’ art piece (designed specifically for above the mantel). The angular line of illuminated water in the art canvas was designed to draw your eye down towards with the 4″ bumped out wall face that the firebox is centred on.
2) To help create a west coast nautical feel we added natural warm medium brown tones through the use of sisal, walnut and tile. This sisal area rug can be purchased at Pottery Barn.
3) This Gus Modern Carmichael Grey armchair is situation perfectly in the living corner. By doing one accent chair in the corner as oppose to two chairs and covering up the open stairwell railing, it allows for both a side table & basket of throws & books to be placed around it.
4) Custom pillows is what NFID does best! We love finding inspirational designer fabrics that solidify our design concept. This navy ombre Chivasso Cheeky Stripe velvet fabric represents the various shades of blue and depths of the ocean. 5) At NFID we love doing custom drapery. We had custom drapery panels made up with a solid white top and navy base. The horizontal navy line begins right at table height keeping the rest of the space feeling light & airy, however still anchoring the drapery. These panels compliment the beautiful windows in the dining room and living room. 6) To provide durability & subtle detail, NFID added bead board to the underside of the eating bar to represent a detail you might see on coastal building.
8) We used a walnut live edge dining table with polished chrome base that seats 8 people with simple white dining chairs surrounding it. This along with the message in a bottle table decor all play a role in these beautiful nautical interior design details.
Interior Design & Furnishings: Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design, Calgary, AB
Photography: Lindsay Nichols Photography, Calgary, AB
Builder/Contractor: Hopewell Residential