Kelowna Living Room Furnishings & Design
Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design is a Kelowna based firm that specializes in custom new-build homes & renovations. We provide full-service interior design for clients. Whether the scope is a single room or an entire house.
This project features a main floor renovation that we worked on with our clients. These clients wanted a fresh & modern design that would be timeless & conducive to their young family active lifestyle. Yes, as beautiful as this living room looks, it is designed to endure 2 active young children, friends, & lots of family members:-)!
Here are 10 things we love most about this project’s living room furnishing package:
- SOFA: This 114″L sofa is a Canadian-made with 3x feather back cushions & a long Dacron wrapped foam bench seat. This fabric is a high-performance fabric out of Spain that is textured & soft.
2. AREA RUG: This area rug is from Crate & Barrel. It is called the Tottori Abstract Rug. We love the abstract pattern in the rug as it looks elegant & ties in various shades of cream, silver, greys, and charcoals. The abstract pattern is great to hide visual wear & tear &/or marks.
3. OTTOMANS: NFID custom designed & had these ottomans locally made. They are in a luxurious sheen fabric with brushed brass nailheads. We absolutely LOVE the soft curves of the sides. Also using a silver strie fabric with warm brass nailheads nicely balance out finishes within the home.
4. TABLE LAMPS: We loved bringing in white lamp shades & satin brass lamp finishes to provides interest in the space. The Robert Abbey Wyatt Table Lamps flanking either side of the sofa have round bases to reflect the round end tables.
5. SWIVEL ARMCHAIRS: These Canadian custom-made hex swivel chairs (sold to the trade only) feature a beautiful Romo Layton fabric that NFID selected with a small herringbone pattern. We love the modern hex back detail of these SUPER comfortable spin chairs.
6. PILLOWS: NFID provides custom-made pillows in designer fabrics that work perfectly with your furnishings. The quality of NFID’s pillows are next to none and provides that luxe finishing detail that makes each project beautiful & unique.
7. ACCESSORIES: Mixing succulents, using favourite books, pairing candles, and finding that unused special platter is how we stylized these coffee table. Coffee tables accessories should be ever-changing as you walk through seasons and new treasures enter your home.
8. COFFEE TABLES: We love these Crate & Barrel Echo Bunching Table, Set of 2. They have a lovely reflective mirror tops, hand-antique brass finish, and the tray top detail is perfect in case someone spills a drink:-).
9. DRAPERY: NFID provides custom-made drapery & window treatments for our client’s projects. In this case, the living room required something to unify the wall at the rear of the house. We selected a beautiful white sheer fabric (unlined), to help diffuse the natural light and make this room feel tranquil and elegant.
10. INDOOR TREE: Indoor trees and plants are very important to have in homes. NFID almost ALWAYS specifies them in our projects. This little fiddle fig tree is new, but in a couple of years it will grow tall & fill up that entire corner! Check out your local nursery to learn more about indoor trees & plants.
Clients: Private Residence, #nfidspringbankhill
Interior Design: Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design, Kelowna based Interior Design Firm
Photography: Lindsay Nichols Photography