Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design has had the opportunity to design hundreds of fireplaces over the past 20 years. NFID has worked on both new-build & renovated fireplace designs.
A service that NFID provides is fireplace designs & selections. NFID will work with clients in reviewing their fireplace design goals, fireboxes, & gather specifications for framing. We will provide the client’s builder or contractor with a fireplace design package that includes plans, electrical plans, sections, elevations, specifications, & a finishing schedule.
Here are 5 Important Questions to Ask When designing a Fireplace:
- What type of firebox would you like? Wood-burning, Gas, or Electric.
- What overall style of fireplace you would like? Modern, Traditional, Transitional, etc.
- Do you want a hearth or mantel? Floating, Flush, Stone, Wood, Etc.
- What materials would you like to see used in your fireplace design? Tile, Concrete, Marble, Stone, Wood, Steel, Etc.
- Will there be artwork or a TV installed above the firebox?
We then gather all the information our client gives us and come up with a design that takes into consideration scale within the room, balance and placement of the firebox, the function of both hearth & mantel, firebox size and log/stone specifications, & materials used.
Some favorite firebox manufacturers that we love to use are the following:
Interior Design: Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design, Okanagan Interior Design Firm
Photography: Lindsay Nichols Photography