Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design enjoyed providing a bright and fresh foyer design for this lakehouse foyer renovation in West Kelowna, BC.
We will start with the after photos and share 7 of our favourite changes to they foyer renovation. Keep reading as the before photos are at the bottom of the blog:-).
- Flooring: This foyer renovation required updated flooring. We removed the original grey tile flooring and brought in a beautiful oak herringbone engineered hardwood floor that we carried throughout most of the main floor of this lakehouse.
2) Front Doors: The front doors were dated and traditional, so we replaced them with some lovely 3/4 glass modern farmhouse-style doors. We painted the interior of these double exterior doors Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue HC-145.
3) Ceiling Detail: To clean up the ceiling, we added a tongue and groove planks and painted them C2-516 Architectural White. We stained the existing ceiling beams the darkest ‘tobacco tone’ that we pulled out of the hardwood flooring. Keeping our palette cohesive and purposeful throughout the home.
4) Finishing & Hardware Details: If you take a look at the before photos below of the original casing, plinth block, and baseboard detail, you will understand why we decided to re-design and revise the finishing details throughout the home!
We replaced interior passage doors with solid-core doors and added beautiful satin-brass interior door hardware via Emtek. The door hardware is one of my favourite hardware selections within this home. I adore the rectangle rosette w/ round knob!
6) Lighting: Ahh yes, lighting. So important. We decided to proceed with a focal light fixture that was open and airy, but it also needed to included our brushed brass finish.
We selected a beautiful chandelier by Visual Comforts called the Darlana Medium Lantern designed by E. F. Chapman.
The fixture has the perfect home up in the foyer vaulted ceiling, complimenting all those lovely angled ceiling lines!
NFID balanced out the rest of the lighting in the space with the use of LED potlights and brought in more natural light through the windows by removing the dark window shutters (see below photo below).
7) Furnishings & Window Treatments: We reused some of the clients existing beautiful furnishings and incorporated some new to complete this foyer renovation.
Newly added items include a lovely Restoration Hardware Armoire for extra storage, fiddle fig tree, & some beautiful new linen custom-made roman shades. …These are just some of my favourite new additions to this bright foyer design.
Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design provides full-service interior design for projects throughout Western Canada. Whether you are thinking about renovating a vacation home renovation or even just updating your kitchen, please feel free to contact us and we would love to help you get started with your project.
Project: Private Residence, West Kelowna, BC
Interior Design: Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design, Okanagan Interior Designer
Photography: Lindsay Nichols Photography
Contractor: Chriscan Construction