Luxe Okanagan Powder Room Design
What was once a dark and plain powder room has been renovated into something bright and luxurious!
Natalie Fuglestveit Interior Design layered every element in this room to make it feel purposeful, elegant, and unique. The interior elements in this space draws your eye to a new detail every time you look around.
Here are some of our favourite interior elements in this bathroom:
- This floating vanity was designed to be floating white oak flush face w/shutter doors. This white oak is tied within the home to other secondary millwork and provides a modern warmth to this ‘lakehouse design’ concept.
- The cornice moulding wraps the interior of the room. It provides a definite separation between the wallpaper and ceiling wallcovering. The cornice moulding also finishes off the columns in this space and is tied to other cornice details throughout the rest of the home.
- This powder room was originally very long and flat. We decided to add the columns to provide a break-up along the vanity wall, provide a start and stop point for the vanity wall tile, & utilize them to host the beautiful wall sconces. The lower section of each of the columns also have hidden toilet paper storage with a push-release latch.
- This wall tile is New Ravenna Studio Line Euclid Calacatta Radiance Chevron. We ran it from top of baseboard to underside of the cornice moulding. It provides a beautiful pattern and ties in various shades of white, creams, and greys within the space.
- The floor tile is Saltilo Tile Blev Blue Savoy Marble. This marble tile looks like water moving underneath your feet. It has a beautiful blueish grey a veining that is a perfect selection for a lakehouse.
- The wallpaper we used on the wall is Schumacher Ocean Toile. We wanted a beautiful and elegant pattern that had intricate detailing and conceptually reflected water life.
- We used a beautiful silk-like textile wallcovering on the ceiling that is the perfect cream hue of the body of the wall wallpaper & also the warm creamy-whites within the marble calacatta tile. Using various shades of white and creams makes this palette feel luxe and rich.
- Plumbing & Hardware:
- We brought in some antique brass fixtures from Restoration Hardware including the Lugarno Double Tissue Holder, Towel Ring, and Classic Pivot Mirror.
- To highlight the stunning wall tile, we selected a wall mounted vanity faucet DXV Oak Hill. It’s brass finish and beautiful fitting details complement the unique luxuruious balance that we were trying to achieve between modern and traditional.
- The beautiful vanity knobs are the jewelry of the space. Schaub & Company City Lights Flat Disc with a glass and brushed brass finish.
Photography: Lindsay Nichols Photography
Wallcovering Installation: Drop Wallcoverings, Wallcovering Installer